Anjani Mahadev Temple
Anjani Mahadev Temple is a shrine located in the Solang Valley, Burwa in Himachal Pradesh. A short trek into the valley, Anjani Mahadev remains one of the most popular pilgrimage sites with a waterfall freezing in winter and forming a 30-meter natural Shiva lingam. The best thing about trekking to this area is that it covers the Shivling-Fatru-Solang area, considered one of the most beautiful trails in summer and winter.
Things to see while trekking
- You will pass through deep forests, glistening streams, and picturesque valleys.
- As you ascend higher, you will view the lovely meadows coated in colourful wildflowers.
- Get a glimpse of the snow-topped mountains on your way and indulge in nature photography.
- The meadows are ideal locations to relax and rejuvenate as you soak in the breathtaking scenery.
- Interact with the locals or guides and learn about the significance of Anjani Mahadev and the area's cultural heritage.
Also known as the 'Amarnath' in Himachal Pradesh, there are several popular attractions near Anjani Mahadev Temple.
Located approximately 13 km from Manali, Solang Valley is a famous tourist attraction as one gets to view the picture-perfect valleys, emerald green forests, stunning snow-capped mountains, and splendid glaciers. This attracts several ski fanatics and adventure buffs worldwide who love to explore various winter sports.
Palchan Bridge is located about 13 km from Manali and stands across the Beas River. This 110-metre-long bridge is another popular tourist spot near Anjani Mahadev Temple in Manali, Himachal Pradesh. Driving across or walking on the bridge is a pleasant experience. You can also click some pictures on the bridge.
Solang ropeway and ski centre
Enjoy Manali's modern, state-of-the-art Ropeway, which has 15 cabins with room for 8 individuals each. With a 500-meter vertical ascent and a speed of 6 m/s, this Ropeway travels a distance of 1.5 km.
Best time to visit
A popular trail for hiking, camping, and backpacking, the Anjani Mahadev Temple is an ideal place to enjoy some solitude and engage in nature therapy and spirituality. The route is open throughout the year. However, the 'Shiv-lingum’' is present from mid-November to mid-April. So, the best time to visit is during December and January.
Things to keep in mind
The following are the important factors to remember when trekking to this temple:
- If you want to trek to this location, ensure you are wearing proper trekking gear and shoes.
- Please carry a valid ID proof when trekking to this location.
- The trek route is an eco-friendly zone. Therefore, do not encourage littering the campsites or the local sites.
- All activities depend upon weather conditions.
- Carry enough snacks/dry food and water bottles.
It is difficult to provide all the facilities in the mountains. Therefore, train yourself adequately as you might not find luxuries here. Keep your luggage minimum. Overlooking the scenic Solang Valley, Anjani Mahadev Temple in Manali remains one of the must-visit places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.